Salary: £37,000 + bonus opportunity
Type: Full time, in-person
About Lara Intimates
Lara Intimates is a start-up women’s underwear brand in London that opened in 2017. We have a team of 10 in Hackney, London that designs, samples, manufactures and ships Lara products. We are committed to sustainability and we use deadstock, locally-made and recycled fabrics and trims. We also recycle our fabric offcuts and are certified carbon neutral. LI launched in 2017 with the belief that the lingerie industry was antiquated and we can make better products and have better values by doing everything, from design to delivery, all in one place.
Why are we hiring a Business and Factory Manager?
Lara Intimates is hiring a Business and Factory Manager to support our CEO by managing the team, product quality and flow of goods in our manufacturing unit. The Business and Factory Manager must be a commercial individual with awareness of the company’s financial position and KPI’s and the levers that drive our performance. This manager must be excited to work in an entrepreneurial environment, eager to work hands-on with the production team (sewing machinists and fabric cutter) and understand that this is a fast-paced job where everyday is challenging and different. Our Business and Factory Manager must embody our values of employee wellness, high manufacturing standards and environmental sustainability, and they must be passionate about growing Lara Intimates into a global business.
The Job Role
- Manage the production team including sewing machinists and fabric cutter
- Manage the flow of goods in and out of production including ordering raw materials, ensuring orders are shipped out and managing the production schedule
- Ensure the team is stocked with work and advise any gaps in the production schedule
- Be responsible for quality assurance for all samples and bulk production
- Be highly engaged with the company’s commercial position, report on production KPI’s and support the business in reaching quarterly and annual targets
- Embody Lara Intimates values of sustainability, employee wellbeing and quality
- Passionate about helping Lara Intimates change the world through sustainability and improved manufacturing standards
- Thrive in a fast-paced, challenging and entrepreneurial environment and excited to see our business change and grow all the time
- Care deeply about quality standards and customer experience
- Passionate about fostering a great team atmosphere
- A natural leader with a positive attitude and proactive mindset
- A strong and empathic communicator. You can have productive, efficient meetings with our CEO, lead team meetings and have 1:1’s with employees including those who may be introverted or just learning English
- Digitally-savvy: able to pick up new softwares quickly
- Management experience a must, having previously performance managed and coached individuals
- Strong understanding of garment construction, sewing machinery
- Previously influenced commercial direction with an ability to identify, propose and drive improvements
- Worked towards targets and both understands and uses KPIs
Why work for Lara Intimates?
- Values-driven organisation with sustainability and employee wellbeing at our core
- Help us change the manufacturing industry to something that is kinder to people and the planet
- Work in a buzzing environment with a team of specialist machinists, cutters and garment technologists as well as the Lara Intimates brand team
- Opportunity to grow with the business and have more responsibility
- Studio location Hackney Wick, London
- 28 holidays pa + birthday bonus holiday
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to Barry@LaraIntimates.com.
If you work at Lara Intimates and want to apply for this position, please contact a director or manager.