Starting Date: 2nd August
Report to: Production Manager
Hours: Monday-Thursday 9am-6pm, Friday 9am-4pm
What is Lara Intimates?
Lara Intimates is a start-up women’s underwear brand in London that opened in 2017. We are a team of 10 in Hackney, London that designs, samples, manufactures and ships Lara products. We are committed to sustainability and we use deadstock, locally-made and recycled fabrics and trims. We also recycle our fabric offcuts and are certified carbon neutral. LI launched in 2017 with the belief that the lingerie industry was antiquated and we can make better products and have better values by doing everything, from design to delivery, all in one place.
Why are we hiring a studio assistant?
The Lara Intimates studio is a busy and buzzing environment. We make hundreds of garments everyday, and it’s critical that we stay organised. A studio assistant will join our team to support production by managing inventory, printing markers, packing orders and generally keeping everything in order as goods flow in and out of our studio. As a studio assistant, you will jump between many different tasks each day and react quickly to the needs of the team. This role is perfect for someone who loves organisation and is digitally-savvy.
Responsibilities for studio assistant:
- Support the Lara Intimates production team by keeping order in the studio and helping with a variety of tasks everyday
- Able to do/learn basic sewing tasks to support the team. Approximately 80% time as studio assistant, 20% time sewing.
- Learn the details of LI products and help spot and prevent problems in the studio
- Be a proactive problem solver that is eager to help with anything and have excellent attention to details
- Be digitally-savvy - you are great with spreadsheets and can pick up new softwares quickly
- Embody the Lara Intimates values and contribute to a workplace which prides itself on employee wellbeing, sustainability and quality
Training and support for this role:
- Training from CEO on products, inventory management and processes
- Learn customer needs and feedback from customer service employee(s)
- Skills and development support from production manager
Why work for Lara Intimates?
- We are a young, growing, entrepreneurial business. Everyday is fast-paced and challenging, and this is a great opportunity to grow with the company.
- Work in a buzzing environment where goods are made, organised and shipped everyday
- Learn from sewing machinists and product experts
- Contribute to a team that is making high quality and beautiful products in the UK for a diverse range of women
- Opportunity to contribute ideas and make meaningful impact within a small team
- Support a brand with environmentally sustainable practices and a local supply chain
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to Barry@LaraIntimates.com